Saturday, June 23, 2012

Early Childhood Issues and Trends Final Blog Post

It has been interesting and very informative to study more in depth about early childhood beliefs and education in other countries.  I was able to make contact with some international early childhood professionals but they did not have time to dialog on a regular basis.  My contact from Singapore, Ms. Wong, gave me a great web site that showed me what was happening in the early childhood field in that part of the world.  I have learned that access to quality early childhood programs is a problem for families all over the world.  I see that countries are trying to find solutions to provide access but it is a slow process.  Those who work with children in Singapore are provided with training and classes to make sure they are current in how to provide quality care for young children.  I found it interesting that some of the Infant teachers were also certified nurses.  Professionally it is encouraging to see that countries are beginning to see the importance of early learning and the need for teachers to be trained and current in the area of best early childhood practices and child health and development.  I also liked that there is an emphasis on providing support and services for families but again this is a slow process that is heading in the right direction.

I learned a lot form exploring the web sites and listening to the pod casts and I have a better understanding of  early childhood issues and trends in other parts of the world.  I now understand that it is important to dialog with ECE professionals from other parts of the world so that I can have a better understanding of what solutions or ideas they may have come up with that deal with early childhood issues and trends that are similar to those in the United States.  We all need to work together to make sure that early childhood is preserved and seen as an important learning foundation for young children.  

I have also learned a lot from my classmates as they have shared what they have learned from their international contacts or from the different web sites on early childhood issues from different countries.  I appreciate this new information and it has helped me have a better understanding of how families, teachers, and young children are affected by early childhood issues and trends around the world.      


 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,
    Establishing international connection with a professional is a big plus for any upcoming and growing professional in the Early Childhood field. It provides the great opportunity to widen your horizon and develop a broader view of issues and trends. You have learnt so much and through you I have been able to gain some meaningful insight into the requirement for those who work with children in Singapore. Training is crucial for those who interact with children and teach them, knowing this from other sources give assurance that training and teaching is the right thing to do to ensure standard practices for quality early care. Thank you Julie for all your contributions to make the course relevant. I have learnt so much from you through your various meaningful contribution to the blog. I wish you success in your future courses.

    ReplyDelete