Saturday, July 7, 2012

Personal Research Journey in Early Childhood Education

This week has been interesting in leaning some new terminology and the process is takes to get a research project started.  I have an interest in learning more about infants and since in the past classes we have discussed how early learning begins and how important it is for an infant to have a good healthy start in life I wanted to learn more about this.  I have decided to focus attachment between a child and their caregiver or parent.  The subtopic that I have chosen to focus on is, how does attachment affect how a child learns important cognitive, social and emotional skills?
Learning new research terms and using the research chart to write down in my own words what some of the terms meant has helped me understand the process of research a little bit better.  I am not as anxious about getting some experience in researching my question. I have been looking for articles that will fit into what my research question is and I have found some on attachment but I will have to use the information on how to read a research article to make sure it is information that I can use.
Has anyone else been able to find information specific to your topic in the Walden library?  Did you find that you had to use key words instead of the whole question?  I found that searching under Education may not always be the best route but that I needed to broaden my search and look under Behavioral studies and Psychology which had some helpful information as well.  
Good luck and I look forward to learning more about your topics.

2 comments:

  1. I found the same thing searching Walden's library. I ended up doing a search using proquest and not specifying what type of journals to look in. Then I played around with subject terms. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,

    Yes I spent a lot of time searching using different key words in Walden's Library to find information on my topic. I selected several databases to search at one time and I believe it helped me find better results.
    Good Luck on your research!

    ReplyDelete